What is the minimum amount of data needed to create a product through the REST API?

I want to bulk import 1M+ products into AtroPIM using the REST API (specifically by POSTing to /api/v1/Product). I tried now with only a few fields (name, id), but no product is created.

Which fields are mandatory in creating a product?

I did some more testing, and also found that the Product POST and PUT always return HTTP200, which is strange.

I would e.g. expect a HTTP404 on a PUT of an unknown product.

Hi,
the field productStatus is required by default, possible values are :
“draft”, “prepared”, “reviewed”, “notReady”, “ready”
if you want, you can set it as non required in Adminitration/Entities

You can use upsert mass action, to bulk create or updates multiple entities at the same time, instead of doing a request for every record, you can create chunk of 200 records and do a request for each of them.
you can see how to use the endpoint there AtroCore REST API documentation

For the put method, it should return 404 for not found product id, Please check the swagger documentation to see if you pass the correct parameters

Thanks. Turned out, my API call was invalid. I didn’t POST the JSON, but put it in a form-data call.

I would expect a 400 Bad Request from that though (as the body isn’t valid JSON), but instead got an empty 200 which threw me off.

Please use Json data format on our api, most endpoints work with that format.
Thanks.

Obviously. But I think the API should give a correct error message when I don’t.

We will fix the validation